July 6, 2011

Todays Menu - Watermelon Salad

When I find a recipe I like I then look for something to pair it with.  I came across this salad recipe when I was looking for a summer salad to pair with a Turkey breast that was brined then basted with an Orange Chipotle.  I will post that recipe also. 

Watermelon Salad

1 gallon watermelon, cubed
1 qt cherry tomatoes cut in 1/2
2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
3 cups chopped fresh cilantro
1 large red onion, diced
1 cup olive oil
1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar

Combine the watermelon, cherry tomatoes, cheese, red onion and cilantro in a large bowl.  In a small bowl whisk together the oil and vinegar.  Slowly toss oil mixture into the watermelon salad.  Salt and pepper to  taste.  Be careful not to use to much dressing.  If your watermelon is very juicy you may not need all of the dressing. This salad needs to be served right away.  Makes 20 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment