November 7, 2011

Todays Menu-Eggnog muffins

I was looking through some old cookbooks an found this recipe.  It would be great for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas morning. 

You will need:
2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup prepared eggnog
1/2 cup rum
5 tablespoon butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon  grated nutmeg

Preheat oven to 400. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Stir in eggnog, rum, melted butter, egg  and nutmeg.  Spoon into 12 paper lined muffin cups.  Bake on middle rack of oven  for 20 minutes. 

I did not have Rum on hand when I went to make this but I did have Brandy.  I though what the heck so I used  Brandy and they were great.  So I am sure you could use either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment