November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving- Homemade Cranberry Sauce

Up until last year I never made my own cranberry sauce.  After my first attempt I thought WOW, why have I never done this before.  This is a great recipe and is very easy.

Cranberry Fruit Conserve

You will need:

1 (12-ounce) bag of fresh cranberries, cleaned
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
1 orange, zest grated and juiced
1 lemon, zest grated and juiced
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Cook the cranberries, sugar, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes or until the skins pop open. Add the apple, zests, and juices and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add the raisins and nuts. Let cool and serve chilled. To spice it up a bit you can add Triple Sec and cut the OJ in half.

ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment