September 29, 2010

Tonight on the menu - Beer braised chicken and green salad with homemade blue cheese dressing

I was tired of plain old chicken so I went to food-tv.com and found this great chicken recipe.  I changed it a bit.  Instead of boneless skinless chicken I used bone in skin on legs and thighs.  This in itself is not a special dish.  I think the side dish is special.  It is a green salad with the best homemade blue cheese dressing you will ever taste.


Here is the recipe for Killer Blue Cheese dressing:

1 clove garlic
A pinch of dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
A pinch of white pepper
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Hot sauce, to taste (I like Frank's)
1/3 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo (can use light)
1 1/2 oz buttermilk
3 oz blue cheese

Dice and crush garlic.  Whisk all spices together in the red wine vinegar, add sour cream, mayo and buttermilk.  Make sure to leave healthy sizes chunks of the cheese so your friends get that little surprise.
 
This will keep in the fridge for several days in an air tight container.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. OK - I guess I am the official taster. I'm giving this one two thumbs up! We did learn a lesson though. If you garnish something hot with fresh Basil it turns black very fast. File that one away for next time!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete