September 26, 2010

Tonight's Special - Burbon Rubbed Cedar Plank Salmon

This week our local market had fresh Coho salmon on sale so I bought one.  Early in the afternoon I started soaking a cedar plank in water.  A little later I made a mixture of bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, veggie oil and green onion to marinade the salmon in.  I put it in a gallon size zip lock bag and then into the fridge.  A couple of hours later it was time to place the salmon on the plank and fire up the BBQ.  The total cooking time will depend on the size of your salmon and the temp of the BBQ.  We cooked ours for about 8 minutes, but then the plank caught on fire!  My husband transfered the fish directly to the grill for the last few minutes.  All total I think it cooked for about 12 minutes and it was great!

Hope you enjoy my insight and come back soon.

2 comments: