December 9, 2010

Today's menu- Chile egg puff

This is a recipe that came from a friend at work.  I have made it several times and it is always a big hit.  It is one of those that everyone can eat even if you have a vegetarian in your family as I do. Since we all know my husband is a big meat eater I always serve a side of sausage on the side.

You will need:

10 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 pint sour cream
1 tsp. baking powder
2 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
1 lb. Monetary Jack Cheese, shredded

Beat eggs until light and lemon colored.  Add flour, baking powder, salt, sour cream and Jack cheese.  Blend until smooth.  Stir in chiles.  Pour mixture into a well-buttered 9 x 13 baking dish (I use Pam spray). Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until top is brown and center appears firm.  Serve with a side of salsa.
Serves 8 -10

No comments:

Post a Comment