December 16, 2010

Tonights menu - Garlic Prawns on Linguine

Most of the recipes that I post I have tried several times.  This one I just came across last night and loved it.  After just one bite my husband said this is a must for your blog.



You will need:

16 to 18 prawns, 16/20, peeled and rinsed (16/20 is the number of prawns per pound.  For this recipe you want large ones)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
4 tablespoons basil pesto
1 cup sliced mushrooms
4 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons sour cream
4 tablespoons fish stock (I do not keep fish stock on hand so I used chicken stock)
8 tablespoons heavy cream
sea salt and black pepper to taste
fresh chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish

Saute prawns in olive oil until they start to turn pink.  Add fresh garlic, then add remaining ingredients and simmer until prawns turn opaque and the sauce thickens slightly. 

Pour prawns and sauce on top of the bed of linguine.  Garnish with chopped parsley
Serves 2 to 4

No comments:

Post a Comment