December 10, 2010

Todays menu- Creamy Pesto Dip

I am sure a lot of you are like me.  When friends drop by during the holidays I like to have a quick snack I can put together in a hurry with little effort.  This dip is just that.  You can make it ahead and it will keep in the fridge for a few days.

You will need:

1 package (8 oz) cream cheese ( I have not tried low fat, but it should work)
3 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup store bought pesto ( you can make fresh, but it is a lot of work and why bother.  Store bought is just as good)
1 red pepper finely chopped

Mix cream cheese and milk in a food processor or mixer on medium speed until smooth.  Blend in pesto and red peppers.  Refrigerate.  I serve with assorted cut veggies and bread sticks.  To make it a bit more holiday looking garnish with some of the chopped red peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment