June 3, 2011

Todays Menu- Bourbon-Basted Salmon

Since Copper River Salmon is in season now I thought this was a very timely recipe. I cook it on a ceder plank.  I made this a few years ago when we were camping and my husband is still talking about it.

You will need:

1 1/2 pound salmon fillet
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons bourbon
3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons veggie oil (I use olive oil)

For 2 to 3 hours you will want to soak your ceder plank in water  Meanwhile place your salmon skin side down in a shallow baking dish.  Remove all bones.  In a small bowl combine all ingredients.  Pour  over salmon and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.  Place salmon skin side down on plank and grill (on BBQ or outdoor grill)  for about 7 minutes then turn salmon over and grill for another 7 minutes.  Be sure an keep an eye on the plank as it can catch on fire ( I have never had this happen but I have heard it can)

No comments:

Post a Comment